Making decisions is difficult. Predictive modeling is a technique that uses data science (such as statistics and linear algebra) to predict outcomes of unknown events. In this case, we are talking about user decisions.
Picture yourself trying to decide what’s for dinner. You go on your favorite meal ordering app to find something which offers you hundreds of options that you have to browse through and choose from. Now imagine if that same application could predict what you’re in the mood for and display only those options.
How is this different from personalization? Predictive modeling is intelligent and can make changes real-time. Modern technology is shifting from mobile-first to AI-first and predictive UX and design is the next big trend. There are major benefits to helping users’ reduce their cognitive load—forcing them to make too many decisions will lead them to take the easy way out... of your site.
What we’re covering:
- What is predictive UX and design?
- Why is predictive UX and design important?
- How predictive models and machine learning power the end user experience
- Privacy concerns and ethics
- How predictive UX and design can be implemented in Drupal
- Future of predictive design and other applications